Bug 10560 - No way to disable english
Summary: No way to disable english
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Koha
Classification: Unclassified
Component: I18N/L10N (show other bugs)
Version: master
Hardware: All All
: P5 - low major (vote)
Assignee: Bugs List
QA Contact:
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-07-09 19:58 UTC by Chris Cormack
Modified: 2014-12-07 20:02 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Change sponsored?: ---
Patch complexity: Small patch
Who signed the patch off:
Text to go in the release notes:
Version(s) released in:


Attachments
Bug 10560 - fix the language selection to do the right thing (668 bytes, patch)
2013-07-09 21:41 UTC, Chris Cormack
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
[SIGNED-OFF] Bug 10560 - No way to disable english (1.28 KB, patch)
2013-07-11 18:30 UTC, Owen Leonard
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
[PASSED QA] Bug 10560 - No way to disable english (1.62 KB, patch)
2013-07-11 21:34 UTC, Katrin Fischer
Details | Diff | Splinter Review

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Chris Cormack 2013-07-09 19:58:39 UTC
If you enable another translation, and disable english, then if you dont have a cookie set, or your browser is not set to that language, you will get english.

So you can not disable english in either the staff client or the OPAC.
Comment 1 Chris Cormack 2013-07-09 21:41:10 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 2 Owen Leonard 2013-07-11 18:30:07 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 3 Katrin Fischer 2013-07-11 21:34:57 UTC
Created attachment 19584 [details] [review]
[PASSED QA] Bug 10560 - No way to disable english

If you enable another translation, and disable english, then if you dont
have a cookie set, or your browser is not set to that language, you will
get english. So you can not disable english in either the staff client
or the OPAC.

This patch fixes the language selection to do the right thing.

To test you must have at least one other language installed besides
English. Apply the patch and disable the en translation. Koha should
fall back to one of the enabled translations.

Signed-off-by: Owen Leonard <oleonard@myacpl.org>

I added a patch description and test plan, missing from the
original patch.

Signed-off-by: Katrin Fischer <Katrin.Fischer.83@web.de>
I have tested with various combinations of activated languages
and have found no regression. If the cookie is set, the right
language is shown accordingly. Else the first language in the
list seems to be picked. It did never fall back to English
in my tests, when English was explicitly deactivated.

Passes all tests and QA script.
Comment 4 Galen Charlton 2013-07-12 14:58:06 UTC
Pushed to master, along with a follow-up I wrote that adds a regression test.  Thanks, Robin!
Comment 5 Tomás Cohen Arazi 2013-07-16 19:09:40 UTC
This patch has been pushed to 3.12.x, will be in 3.12.2.

Thanks Robin!

Note: i think the webinstaller didn't get fixed. After I push the latest patches to 3.12.x i'll try to re-test.
Comment 6 Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel 2013-08-04 19:57:03 UTC
Pushed to 3.10.x, will be in 3.10.10
Comment 7 Chris Hall 2013-08-18 04:52:08 UTC
Pushed to 3.8.x, will be in 3.8.17