Created attachment 76948 [details]
victor hugo biblio with wikidata informations
Created attachment 76949 [details]
harry potter biblio with wikidata informations
Created attachment 76950 [details]
harry potter biblio with bnf informations
Created attachment 76951 [details]
victor hugo biblio with bnf information
Created attachment 76952 [details] [review]
Bug 21074 - Display sparql data from wikidata or bnf
Exploration of how I could integrate live data from a sparql endpoint.
- "Wikidata is a free and open knowledge base that can be read and edited by both humans and machines. Wikidata acts as central storage for the structured data of its Wikimedia sister projects including Wikipedia, Wikivoyage, Wikisource, and others."
- Bnf is the french national library
Have a look to page examples in attachment.
For a biblio:
- checks if there is an ark
- try to grab data about the work or expression
- get the author id
- try to grab data about the author
- display what you have in a div in the opac
- there is a button to display some debug things
We can imagine whatever we want with linked data. This is just a simple
example. We could mix the data sources and think to the way to display
pertinent information to the borrower to explore new reading (or other) paths.
Link to the koha-devel discussion : http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2018-July/044706.html