---- Reported by firstname.lastname@example.org 2009-12-30 10:35:01 ----
COinS is not supported with XSLT templates, because of being in bad tmpl_if.
Then it have problems with & that doesn't allow zotero to read it.
---- Additional Comments From email@example.com 2010-03-11 14:39:33 ----
Using Firefox 3.6 and Zotero 2.0 the plugin seems to work, but instead of the "book" icon I get the "folder" icon. When I click it I get a blank notification box from Zotero, and after a long wait a dialog box pops up asking which of two identical titles I want to save.
Comparing the source of the XSLT version of the page with the non-XSLT version shows the exact same <span class="Z3988"> block for each. What about the XSLT version is causing the difference? Is Zotero looking at something else on the page?
Nahuel, are those the problems you're seeing?
---- Additional Comments From firstname.lastname@example.org 2010-03-11 14:48:35 ----
this is somewhat related - while looking into the coins support - you may want to look into adding the URL field: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/2897/url-field-not-filled-in-from-opacs/
---- Additional Comments From email@example.com 2010-03-11 18:19:36 ----
I think that what nahuel sent was supposed to unify the Z3988 link between XSLT and normal display.
In fact, with the patch, the link for zotero is supposed to be in the template ant not in the XSLT. So Commenting in the XSLT the part wich creates the Zotero link would surely not generate the folder.
somtehing to investiguate.
---- Additional Comments From firstname.lastname@example.org 2010-03-11 18:38:20 ----
The Z3988 link appears in the template before the XSLT block:
<!-- TMPL_IF NAME="ocoins" -->
<!-- COinS / OpenURL -->
<span class="Z3988" title="<!-- TMPL_VAR NAME="ocoins" -->"></span>
<!-- /TMPL_IF -->
<!-- TMPL_IF NAME="OPACXSLTDetailsDisplay" -->
<!-- TMPL_VAR NAME="XSLTBloc" -->
<!-- TMPL_ELSE -->
And indeed, the same data is being output for the <span class="Z3988"> with XSLT on or off. The part that confuses me is the different behavior of Zotero when XSLT is on and off.
---- Additional Comments From email@example.com 2010-03-24 20:53:48 ----
I have tested this with Firefox 3.6 and Zotero 2.0, I get the folder to save search results and the individual items (which Owen has reported), but when I choose to save the items are not saved to my library ... this makes this a blocker bug - we can't use Zotero with Koha at this time.
---- Additional Comments From firstname.lastname@example.org 2010-03-24 20:58:51 ----
Just one more note - I have tested further it works as expected with all XSLT preferences turned off.
---- Additional Comments From email@example.com 2010-04-12 16:00:23 ----
I was able to track this bug down to the Koha unAPI support, not COinS. Zotero 2 apparently ignores COinS when unAPI is available. The folder shows up because an <abbr/> tag with class unapi-id is included in both the .tmpl file and the XSLT stylesheet.
---- Additional Comments From firstname.lastname@example.org 2010-05-10 12:17:01 ----
New update - we can save from the results page, but still can't from the individual bib records.
--- Bug imported by email@example.com 2010-05-21 01:22 UTC ---
This bug was previously known as _bug_ 4018 at http://bugs.koha.org/cgi-bin/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=4018
Actual time not defined. Setting to 0.0
Setting qa contact to the default for this product.
This bug either had no qa contact or an invalid one.
Pushed patch removing the duplicate unAPI link on the bib details page. Saving to Zotero from both the results and bib details pages now works. Please test and close.
(In reply to comment #0)
> ---- Additional Comments From firstname.lastname@example.org 2010-03-11 14:48:35 ----
> this is somewhat related - while looking into the coins support - you may want
> to look into adding the URL field:
As of today, it doesn't look like this has reached a resolution short of the Zotero folks writing a custom translator for Koha. If this issue is still of interest to you, please open a separate enhancement bug.
I have tested this and it now saves to zotero as it should, closing
Created attachment 2255 [details]
errors when adding from search results
This works, but when adding results from the search results you get a laundry list of errors.