I am editing a record in cataloging and I have changed the framework, made changes to the marc fields and hit save. When I hit save warnings about required fields in the newly selected framework appear, but after I hit save the framework is not changes, the book is still using the original framework.
These steps (just to clarify)
1. open existing bib record
2. click edit and choose edit record
3. next to change framework it says 'books'
4. i choose default from the change framework menu
5. i edit the marc record, changing data in a few fields
6. i click save
7. i click edit and edit record only to see that the framework is still saying 'books' even though I saved it with the default selected.
This problem seems to be similar to bug 4935. It is possible to change a record from the Default framework to another framework, but not the other way around. I think this is because the Default framework does not have an identifier and so cannot be searched for or selected.
Koha is not saving changes from the Default framework to another framework. I followed the same steps Nicole listed and the framework reverted back to Default when I went back to the record.
Please note that there appears to happen if you change the Default framework to Serials.
this problem has been fixed on BibLibre git, and should be proposed upstream during hackfest week.
If the one who fills it misses this bug & file a new entry, feel free to connect them !
Created attachment 3784 [details] [review]
Created attachment 3801 [details] [review]
Signed off patch
Pushed, please test