Bug 7333 - Cleaning up tests to use sample data
Summary: Cleaning up tests to use sample data
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Koha
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Test Suite (show other bugs)
Version: 3.8
Hardware: All All
: PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE) trivial (vote)
Assignee: Liz Rea
QA Contact: Marcel de Rooy
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2011-12-07 22:35 UTC by Liz Rea
Modified: 2013-12-05 20:04 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Change sponsored?: ---
Patch complexity: ---
Who signed the patch off:
Text to go in the release notes:
Version(s) released in:


Attachments
Bug 7333 - modifying Members.t to use a branchcode that exists in the sample data (1.00 KB, patch)
2011-12-07 22:37 UTC, Liz Rea
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
Bug 7333 - interim test db that will allow all db_dependent tests to pass (511.02 KB, application/x-gzip)
2011-12-08 00:43 UTC, Liz Rea
Details
Testing Database (427.60 KB, application/x-gzip)
2011-12-08 00:53 UTC, Liz Rea
Details
[SIGNED-OFF] Bug 7333 - modifying Members.t to use a branchcode that exists in the sample data (1.15 KB, patch)
2011-12-13 07:34 UTC, Katrin Fischer
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
Bug 7333 - Fixing up db_dependent/Search.t to use sample data Thanks to Chris N. for helping figure out that it was because there were no French stopwords in the DB that the test was failing. (1.26 KB, patch)
2011-12-15 16:29 UTC, Liz Rea
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
Bug 7333 - Fixing up db_dependent/Search.t to use sample data Thanks to Chris N. for helping figure out that it was because there were no French stopwords in the DB that the test was failing. (1.28 KB, patch)
2011-12-18 07:26 UTC, Chris Cormack
Details | Diff | Splinter Review

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Liz Rea 2011-12-07 22:35:33 UTC
Some of the tests in t/db_dependent expect data in the test database that isn't available in the sample data.

This bug will be the home to the fixes for that issue.
Comment 1 Liz Rea 2011-12-07 22:37:39 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 2 Liz Rea 2011-12-07 23:44:20 UTC
t/db_dependent/Serials.t requires at least one subscription in your test database to clear correctly.

Plan: make the test create a subscription and remove it as part of the tests.
Comment 3 Liz Rea 2011-12-08 00:33:09 UTC
t/db_dependent/VirtualShelves.t requires at least 10x biblio records to pass tests.

Not sure how to go about this one - make the test add 10x bibs or create a new sample data category for "required data for unit testing."
Comment 4 Liz Rea 2011-12-08 00:43:30 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 5 Liz Rea 2011-12-08 00:46:29 UTC
Comment on attachment 6652 [details]
Bug 7333 - interim test db that will allow all db_dependent tests to pass

hm I'm not sure I did that right. Maybe I"ll need to do it manually instead of with git bz.
Comment 6 Liz Rea 2011-12-08 00:53:27 UTC
Created attachment 6653 [details]
Testing Database

In the interim, this db should be usable to pass all db_dependent tests.
Comment 7 Katrin Fischer 2011-12-13 07:34:22 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 8 Liz Rea 2011-12-15 16:29:12 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 9 Paul Poulain 2011-12-15 17:15:08 UTC
patch 
[SIGNED-OFF] Bug 7333 - modifying Members.t to use a branchcode that exists in
the sample data

pushed

QA comment : fixes the problem (i made a fresh install of sample database)
Comment 10 Chris Cormack 2011-12-18 07:26:24 UTC
Created attachment 6848 [details] [review]
Bug 7333 - Fixing up db_dependent/Search.t to use sample data Thanks to Chris N. for helping figure out that it was because there were no French stopwords in the DB that the test was failing.

Patch changes the French string (with French stopwords) to an English string with English stopwords, as only English stopwords are installed in the default data.

This patch will allow Search.t to run on the database attached to this bug.

Signed-off-by: Chris Cormack <chrisc@catalyst.net.nz>
Comment 11 Marcel de Rooy 2011-12-22 08:02:52 UTC
Stumbled across this one accidentally too this morning and was preparing to send this patch line:
Les chaussettes de l'archiduchesse with an English one to make this test not only function in a French environment

But yours will probably be received without hurting less feelings ;)

Updating patch status..
Comment 12 Paul Poulain 2011-12-27 17:41:36 UTC
patch pushed, please test
Comment 13 Jared Camins-Esakov 2012-12-31 00:12:44 UTC
There have been no further reports of problems so I am marking this bug resolved.