Umbrella report for hold changes to meet special library needs:
1) Allow users to add notes when placing a hold in opac (enabled via pref)
2) Make holds notes mandatory in some cases, ruled by conditions in the marc record and adjustable via syspref.
To illustrate: we examine MARC21 300$a; if it contains multiple parts/volumes, but there is only one item, we ask the user to specify a part.
3) Allow a additional number of days (one or two) in advance when pulling and confirming holds. (Time for arranging transport from depot, etc.)
4) A cron job for mailing reading room personnel 'holds to pull'-reports.
5) In analogy with ShelvingCart functionality, put a temporary MOVE-indication into shelving location for cancelled holds.
These books should be moved from the waiting shelves to the "return shelves" for transport back to depot.
Successive smaller reports (and patches) will be submitted to realize the above, and linked to this report.
Bug 9722 is the first report, created for realizing goal number 1.
Bug 9743 should realize goal number 2.
Created bug 9761 to realize goal 3.
Bug 9788 must be placed on top of bug 9761 improving the status display of future waits.
(In reply to M. de Rooy from comment #3)
> Created bug 9761 to realize goal 3.
This bug got pushed today. Just a note to give some more context:
In our special library external patrons can only use books in a reading or study room. (Internal 'patrons' can use them in office.) To make sure that the books external patrons need will be available, we encourage them to make a reservation for a specific date. Most books must be collected from depot.
The books are collected one or two days ahead (we normally collect for the next day and on Saturday for Sunday and Monday). By confirming the future hold, the client receives a mail one or two days ahead that the books are waiting for them. Within the number of days set by ReservesMaxPickUpDelay (currently 7), the client may come and use the books with the guarantee that they are found and available.
Sponsored by the Joensuu Regional Library
Not sponsored! I made an error since bugzilla throws me to another bug every time I make changes to existing bugs and that is distracting!
Can delete this comment and my previous one.
(In reply to Olli-Antti Kivilahti from comment #7)
> Not sponsored! I made an error since bugzilla throws me to another bug every
> time I make changes to existing bugs and that is distracting!
> Can delete this comment and my previous one.
No, that is not possible. So be very careful :)
All linked bug reports have been closed, closing this one as well.