Bug 11410 - Cataloging search finds no results for searches with ampersands
Summary: Cataloging search finds no results for searches with ampersands
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Koha
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Cataloging (show other bugs)
Version: master
Hardware: All All
: P5 - low major (vote)
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Kyle M Hall
QA Contact: Testopia
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-12-17 21:03 UTC by Kyle M Hall
Modified: 2015-06-04 23:23 UTC (History)
7 users (show)

See Also:
Change sponsored?: ---
Patch complexity: Trivial patch
Bot Control: ---
When did the bot last check this:
Who signed the patch off:
Text to go in the release notes:
Version(s) released in:


Attachments
Bug 11410 - Cataloging search finds no results for searches with ampersands (1.34 KB, patch)
2013-12-17 21:06 UTC, Kyle M Hall
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
Bug 11410 - Cataloging search finds no results for searches with ampersands (1.44 KB, patch)
2013-12-20 16:12 UTC, Kyle M Hall
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
[PASSED QA] Bug 11410 - Cataloging search finds no results for searches with ampersands (1.69 KB, patch)
2013-12-20 23:49 UTC, Katrin Fischer
Details | Diff | Splinter Review

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Kyle M Hall 2013-12-17 21:03:12 UTC
The cataloging search is passing the incorrect variable to SimpleSearch. I'm sure this is causing other issues, but the one I have identified is that any searches with an "&" in them return no results.
Comment 1 Kyle M Hall 2013-12-17 21:06:33 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 2 HB-NEKLS 2013-12-17 22:10:22 UTC
I have followed this test plan, and can confirm the patch fixes this bug.
Comment 3 Suzanne Fayle 2013-12-20 01:42:42 UTC
This is working.
Comment 4 Kyle M Hall 2013-12-20 16:12:47 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 5 Katrin Fischer 2013-12-20 23:49:58 UTC
Created attachment 23742 [details] [review]
[PASSED QA] Bug 11410 - Cataloging search finds no results for searches with ampersands

The cataloging search is passing the incorrect variable to SimpleSearch.
I'm sure this is causing other issues, but the one I have identified is
that any searches with an "&" in them return no results.

Test Plan:
1) Catalog a new record titled "Cats & Dogs"
2) Rebuild your zebra index so this record is indexed
3) Browse to cataloguing/addbooks.pl
4) Search for "Cats & Dogs"
5) Notice you get no results
6) Apply this patch
7) Repeat the search
8) Notice your result now shows up!

Signed-off-by: Heather Braum <hbraum@nekls.org>
Signed-off-by: Suzanne Fayle <sfayle@roseman.edu>
Signed-off-by: Katrin Fischer <Katrin.Fischer.83@web.de>
This works as described, passes all tests and QA script.
Note: Because $query = $builtquery when the QueryParser is used,
this problem is only visible when UseQueryParser is set to "Don't try".
Comment 6 Galen Charlton 2013-12-21 00:35:59 UTC
Pushed to master.  Thanks, Kyle!
Comment 7 Fridolin SOMERS 2013-12-30 09:59:41 UTC
Patch pushed to 3.14.x, will be in 3.14.2
Comment 8 Tomás Cohen Arazi 2014-01-15 17:48:49 UTC
This patch has been pushed to 3.12.x, will be in 3.12.9.

Thanks Kyle!