Bug 11973 - Fix Armenian language description
Summary: Fix Armenian language description
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Koha
Classification: Unclassified
Component: I18N/L10N (show other bugs)
Version: master
Hardware: All All
: P5 - low minor (vote)
Assignee: Bugs List
QA Contact: Testopia
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-03-20 11:42 UTC by Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
Modified: 2015-06-04 23:30 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Change sponsored?: ---
Patch complexity: Trivial patch
Bot Control: ---
When did the bot last check this:
Who signed the patch off:
Text to go in the release notes:


Attachments
Bug 11973 - Fix Armenian language description (2.18 KB, patch)
2014-03-20 12:37 UTC, Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
Bug 11973 - Fix Armenian language description (2.21 KB, patch)
2014-03-20 19:50 UTC, Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
Bug 11973 - Fix Armenian language description (2.36 KB, patch)
2014-03-21 10:42 UTC, Holger Meißner
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
[PASSED QA] Bug 11973 - Fix Armenian language description (2.58 KB, patch)
2014-03-22 08:58 UTC, Katrin Fischer
Details | Diff | Splinter Review

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel 2014-03-20 11:42:42 UTC
Armenian language description (in armenian) 
should be Հայերեն instead of Հայերէն  (sixth letter)
Comment 1 Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel 2014-03-20 12:37:40 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 2 Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel 2014-03-20 19:50:35 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 3 Holger Meißner 2014-03-21 10:42:08 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 4 Holger Meißner 2014-03-21 10:48:30 UTC
Those letters look so similar. I increased the font size and did a screenshot before and after, to be sure. :D
Comment 5 Katrin Fischer 2014-03-22 08:48:27 UTC
This patch fixes the English sql file, but the wrong string still appears in the translated SQL files:

installer/data/mysql/de-DE/mandatory/subtag_registry.sql	
86 VALUES ( 'hy', 'language', 'hy', 'Հայերէն');
installer/data/mysql/es-ES/mandatory/subtag_registry.sql	
74 VALUES ( 'hy', 'language', 'hy', 'Հայերէն');
installer/data/mysql/it-IT/necessari/subtag_registry.sql	
76 VALUES ( 'hy', 'language', 'hy', 'Հայերէն');
installer/data/mysql/nb-NO/1-Obligatorisk/subtag_registry.sql	
95 VALUES ( 'hy', 'language', 'hy', 'Հայերէն');
installer/data/mysql/pl-PL/mandatory/subtag_registry.sql	
74 VALUES ( 'hy', 'language', 'hy', 'Հայերէն');
installer/data/mysql/ru-RU/mandatory/subtag_registry.sql	
74 VALUES ( 'hy', 'language', 'hy', 'Հայերէն');
installer/data/mysql/uk-UA/mandatory/subtag_registry.sql	
74 VALUES ( 'hy', 'language', 'hy', 'Հայերէն');


We really should only maintain the language files once, as they contain all the translations.
Comment 6 Katrin Fischer 2014-03-22 08:58:32 UTC
Created attachment 26517 [details] [review]
[PASSED QA] Bug 11973 - Fix Armenian language description

This patch fix Armenian language description

To test:
1) Do a fake translation to Armenian,
   mkdir koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/hy-Armn
2) Go to Administration > System preferences > I18N/L10N
3) Armenian description looks like the second string in Bug description
4) Apply the patch
5) Run updatedatabase.pl
6) Reload page, now description look as first string in
Bug description (it's the sixth letter, similar to 't')

Ammended patch, wrong column.

Signed-off-by: Holger Meißner <h.meissner.82@web.de>
Signed-off-by: Katrin Fischer <Katrin.Fischer.83@web.de>
Patch fixes the English sample file for translations and includes
a database update to correct the string in existing installations.
Passes all tests and QA script.
Comment 7 Katrin Fischer 2014-03-22 09:01:07 UTC
I have added some other related bugs. My suggestion would be, that we first fix the English file as reference and then either 
- copy the corrected English file for all translated installers
- or better: move it out of the language specific installer directories (like syspref.sql)
Comment 8 Galen Charlton 2014-03-22 12:58:49 UTC
Pushed to master.  Thanks, Bernardo!
Comment 9 Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel 2014-03-31 00:09:31 UTC
(In reply to Katrin Fischer from comment #7)
> I have added some other related bugs. My suggestion would be, that we first
> fix the English file as reference and then either 
> - copy the corrected English file for all translated installers
> - or better: move it out of the language specific installer directories
> (like syspref.sql)

I did a patch for your last suggestion, changed Installer.pm 
and did a install to test it. It worked

Later I changed my mind and did Bug 12017. I think it's
better to have languages descriptions out of database, 
at last for translations.
Comment 10 Katrin Fischer 2014-03-31 15:54:47 UTC
Hi Bernardo, thx a lot for looking into this. I think one of the reasons it wasn't moved to the templates was that we don't want to translate, but show the native description for languages - not sure how to do that with the translation system. Also in advanced search we show the native and the translated description together.
Comment 11 Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel 2014-04-02 04:46:39 UTC
Katrin, I did a new version. Now all is native, and advanced search shows translations. All in templates.
Comment 12 Fridolin SOMERS 2014-06-12 09:22:39 UTC
Pushed to 3.14.x, will be in 3.14.08