Currently, the suggested passwords generated by members/member-password only honor the minimum password length configuration setting - we've had some discussions in my library that we'd want to be able to configure the suggested passwords - not only in terms of length, but also in terms of complexity/difficulty. This could be easily achieved by adding new global configuration setting and refactoring the current password generation to use a standard random string generator library from the cpan - such as Data::Random or something similiar.
see also: bug 11888 - I looked into enhancing the password generation while preparing this patch.
Created attachment 37740 [details] [review]
Bug 12617 - Koha should let admins to configure automatically generated password complexity/difficulty
Adds simple password policy(with regards to complexity) management into categories:
- Per category password policy: admins can configure what kind of passwords get generated
in member-passwords. User-created passwords are also checked against the policy if it is
defined and complexity is enforced for every user based on their set category.
- Reworks the old custom password generation code in member-password to use a pretty powerful perl
module from the CPAN: App::Genpass
- Predefined policies:
- simplenumeric: the digits 0-9 allowed only
- alphanumeric: passwords must contain only the digits 0-9 and lowercase and uppercase characters.
Special characters are not allowed.
- complex: patrons are required to use complex passwords containing numbers, uppercase and lowercase
characters and special characters.
*** Bug 18424 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***