Bug 14123 - Patroncard: Patron search for batch no longer has Select / Select All / Add selected
Summary: Patroncard: Patron search for batch no longer has Select / Select All / Add s...
Status: RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 14739
Alias: None
Product: Koha
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Label/patron card printing (show other bugs)
Version: master
Hardware: All All
: P5 - low normal (vote)
Assignee: Chris Nighswonger
QA Contact: Testopia
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on: 13891
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2015-05-03 08:24 UTC by Marc Véron
Modified: 2015-09-10 16:00 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Change sponsored?: ---
Patch complexity: ---
Bot Control: ---
When did the bot last check this:
Who signed the patch off:
Text to go in the release notes:


Attachments
Compare patron search for patron card batch 3.18 - current master (87.35 KB, image/png)
2015-05-03 08:24 UTC, Marc Véron
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Marc Véron 2015-05-03 08:24:50 UTC
Created attachment 38773 [details]
Compare patron search for patron card batch 3.18 - current master

The new patron search for patron card batches has no longer the possibility to select /select all and add selected to batch.

To add, each single patron has to be added clicking the 'Add' button in the table row.

Use case: Search for patrons for a category, select all, add all to the batch.

See screenshot with old / new version.
Comment 1 Indranil Das Gupta 2015-08-01 00:30:34 UTC
(In reply to Marc Véron from comment #0)
> Created attachment 38773 [details]
> Compare patron search for patron card batch 3.18 - current master
> 
> The new patron search for patron card batches has no longer the possibility
> to select /select all and add selected to batch.
> 
> To add, each single patron has to be added clicking the 'Add' button in the
> table row.
> 
> Use case: Search for patrons for a category, select all, add all to the
> batch.
> 
> See screenshot with old / new version.

Not only that, it seems that the batch can handle only one single 'item' in it.
Comment 2 Indranil Das Gupta 2015-08-01 09:09:52 UTC
(In reply to Indranil Das Gupta from comment #1)
> (In reply to Marc Véron from comment #0)
> > Created attachment 38773 [details]
> > Compare patron search for patron card batch 3.18 - current master
> > 
> > The new patron search for patron card batches has no longer the possibility
> > to select /select all and add selected to batch.
> > 
> > To add, each single patron has to be added clicking the 'Add' button in the
> > table row.
> > 
> > Use case: Search for patrons for a category, select all, add all to the
> > batch.
> > 
> > See screenshot with old / new version.
> 
> Not only that, it seems that the batch can handle only one single 'item' in
> it.

Ok! that was hasty! it can handle multiple items, but they can only be added one at a time
Comment 3 Jonathan Druart 2015-08-04 07:14:39 UTC
With bug 13891 (and others), the patron searches are now standardized. They are all the same and all use the same code.
I have tried to keep all previous behaviors, but, if I am remember correctly, these 2 links only existed on this page.
I have preferred to kick them and keep consistency in the code.

I have not look at the code yet, but it should be quite easier (I hope!) to add these 2 links to the tables where it's needed.
Comment 4 Shane Sammons 2015-08-25 20:03:12 UTC
I think this is related, so I am adding my comment here. Maybe it is unique to my install.

Patron's Batches can only have a single patron added when making a new "batch". Clicking the "Add" text next to a name keeps placing it behind the pop-up, but replacing the previously clicked user.

Should you add someone, then click "manage batches" on the left and edit the batch. You are able to add users via the pop-up and "Add" text. If you had clicked many users while creating, a new batch was made for each one with a single entry in each batch that you can now edit.

Another thing I wanted to add, as it might be related to this bug, is when we do edit batch and tried adding anyone with an apostrophe (like O'Leary) in the name would not add at all. 


This could be unique to me, as we went from 3.12 -> 3.20 so many changes on the files.

If so feel free to ignore this!
Comment 5 Jonathan Druart 2015-08-27 08:31:37 UTC
(In reply to Shane Sammons from comment #4)
> I think this is related, so I am adding my comment here. Maybe it is unique
> to my install.

Yes it's related but not the same issue.

> Patron's Batches can only have a single patron added when making a new
> "batch". Clicking the "Add" text next to a name keeps placing it behind the
> pop-up, but replacing the previously clicked user.

Confirmed, I have open a new bug 14739

> Should you add someone, then click "manage batches" on the left and edit the
> batch. You are able to add users via the pop-up and "Add" text. If you had
> clicked many users while creating, a new batch was made for each one with a
> single entry in each batch that you can now edit.
> 
> Another thing I wanted to add, as it might be related to this bug, is when
> we do edit batch and tried adding anyone with an apostrophe (like O'Leary)
> in the name would not add at all. 

I don't reproduce this one (at least on master). Please open a new bug with a more detailed description if it's confirmed.
Comment 6 Marc Véron 2015-09-08 04:07:42 UTC
(In reply to Shane Sammons from comment #4)
(...)
> Another thing I wanted to add, as it might be related to this bug, is when
> we do edit batch and tried adding anyone with an apostrophe (like O'Leary)
> in the name would not add at all. 
(...)
For the apostrophe (quote) problem, see Bug 14744 as well, it could be related. (it's about picking a patron from a datatable).
Comment 7 Marc Véron 2015-09-10 16:00:20 UTC
This is resolved by bug 14739

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 14739 ***