Bug 14832 - Encoding issues when exporting in RIS
Summary: Encoding issues when exporting in RIS
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Koha
Classification: Unclassified
Component: OPAC (show other bugs)
Version: master
Hardware: All All
: P5 - low normal (vote)
Assignee: Jonathan Druart
QA Contact: Testopia
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-09-16 08:41 UTC by Jonathan Druart
Modified: 2016-06-21 21:38 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Change sponsored?: ---
Patch complexity: Small patch
Bot Control: ---
When did the bot last check this:
Who signed the patch off:
Text to go in the release notes:


Attachments
Bug 14832: Fix encoding issues when exporting in RIS (893 bytes, patch)
2015-09-16 08:43 UTC, Jonathan Druart
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
Bug 14832: Fix encoding issues when exporting in RIS (1.04 KB, patch)
2015-10-01 09:53 UTC, Magnus Enger
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
[PASSED QA] Bug 14832: Fix encoding issues when exporting in RIS (1.22 KB, patch)
2015-10-01 21:58 UTC, Katrin Fischer
Details | Diff | Splinter Review

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Jonathan Druart 2015-09-16 08:41:37 UTC
I have found this issue when testing bug 14245.

To reproduce:
Make sure you have non ASCII chars in the title and the authors.
Export the record in RIS
Comment 1 Jonathan Druart 2015-09-16 08:43:04 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 2 Jonathan Druart 2015-09-16 08:48:19 UTC
Does not seem to have been introduced by bug 11944, this affect 3.18.x also.
Comment 3 Jonathan Druart 2015-09-16 09:01:50 UTC
Note: I don't get the issue on a MARC21 DB.
But the patch does not seem to break the RIS export for this DB.
Comment 4 Magnus Enger 2015-10-01 09:53:34 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 5 Katrin Fischer 2015-10-01 21:49:22 UTC
I tried with Arabic and some other diacritics, exported from detail page and cart, but can't reproduce the issue. Can you retest please?
Comment 6 Katrin Fischer 2015-10-01 21:49:49 UTC
... it doesn't happen on a MARC21 db... sorry!
Comment 7 Katrin Fischer 2015-10-01 21:58:32 UTC
Created attachment 43039 [details] [review]
[PASSED QA] Bug 14832: Fix encoding issues when exporting in RIS

Test plan:
1/ Make sure you have non ASCII chars in the title and the authors.
2/ Export the record in RIS
You should not see any encoding problems.

Signed-off-by: Magnus Enger <magnus@libriotech.no>
Before patch: RIS file has wrongly encoded chars
After patch: RIS file has no endcoding problems
Tested on a NORMARC setup.

Signed-off-by: Katrin Fischer <katrin.fischer.83@web.de>
Tested on a MARC21 and a UNIMARC database.
Problem only confirmed for UNIMARC, but no regressions in MARC21.
Comment 8 Tomás Cohen Arazi 2015-10-02 15:11:28 UTC
Patch pushed to master.

Thanks Jonathan!
Comment 9 Chris Cormack 2015-10-23 07:43:39 UTC
Pushed to 3.20.x will be in 3.20.5