Bug 15937 - Batch checkout buggy behavior
Summary: Batch checkout buggy behavior
Status: NEW
Alias: None
Product: Koha
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Circulation (show other bugs)
Version: master
Hardware: All All
: P5 - low enhancement (vote)
Assignee: Bugs List
QA Contact: Testopia
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on: 15920
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2016-02-29 15:55 UTC by Héctor Eduardo Castro Avalos
Modified: 2018-01-09 18:21 UTC (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Change sponsored?: ---
Patch complexity: ---
Who signed the patch off:
Text to go in the release notes:
Version(s) released in:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Héctor Eduardo Castro Avalos 2016-02-29 15:55:22 UTC
For damaged items the warning message is not displayed, and Koha let to checkout the item as shown in the image. <https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=48411>

I notice about a buggy behavior in this functionallity, for example the program let to checkout the first item available without confirm the checkout message, for example, Maxwell's handbook was borrowed/renewed to this patron every time in which I repeat the process.

When the process end, you will presented with this table (<https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=48412>), one items was checked-out and the others wasn't, but the message is not clear whether those items was checked out or not.

Another thing that I could observe is: if circ policies only allow an specific number e.g. two checkouts and two renews of an item the module doesn't let to checkout if patron has one or more checkouts and the message displayed for the program is not clear; If MaxFine is set affect in the checkouts and don't let us checkout as show in the previous image, and as before, the message doesn't provide an adequate information.

NOTE: The images presented in this bug, they are obtained by applying bug 15920.
Comment 1 Jonathan Druart 2016-03-02 08:58:02 UTC
(In reply to Héctor Eduardo Castro Avalos from comment #0)
> For damaged items the warning message is not displayed, and Koha let to
> checkout the item as shown in the image.
> <https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=48411>

This is the behavior for normal checkouts, there is no alert.

> I notice about a buggy behavior in this functionallity, for example the
> program let to checkout the first item available without confirm the
> checkout message, for example, Maxwell's handbook was borrowed/renewed to
> this patron every time in which I repeat the process.
> 
> When the process end, you will presented with this table
> (<https://bugs.koha-community.org/bugzilla3/attachment.cgi?id=48412>), one
> items was checked-out and the others wasn't, but the message is not clear
> whether those items was checked out or not.

No information means "everything went fine", when you get a red alert it's "checkout impossible".

> Another thing that I could observe is: if circ policies only allow an
> specific number e.g. two checkouts and two renews of an item the module
> doesn't let to checkout if patron has one or more checkouts and the message
> displayed for the program is not clear; If MaxFine is set affect in the
> checkouts and don't let us checkout as show in the previous image, and as
> before, the message doesn't provide an adequate information.

What's the message displayed? What do you suggest?
Comment 2 Héctor Eduardo Castro Avalos 2016-03-02 15:02:49 UTC
(In reply to Jonathan Druart from comment #1)

>No information means "everything went fine", when you get a red alert it's "checkout impossible".

Prefix at least "Cannot check out. The patron has a debt of 10.0"

And again Koha let to checkout the first item without await for confirmation, i.e., the expected behavior is: 1) enter the barcodes 2) show table with checkboxes in titles, no checkout yet at this point, but program checkout the first item in the table 3) Confirm checkout 4) The table with all items checked out is presented.

>What's the message displayed? What do you suggest?

Alert message about status of MaxFine for example, MaxFine=10

If patron has a debt about $ 10.00 or less, some items will not check out

Or

Some items will not check out if patron has a debt or has some items checked out. Review the circulation policies for patron category and MaxFine syspref to see how many items you can check out to this patron.

NOTE: This feature isn't in help page.
Comment 3 Jonathan Druart 2016-03-03 09:11:49 UTC
(In reply to Héctor Eduardo Castro Avalos from comment #2)
> (In reply to Jonathan Druart from comment #1)
> 
> >No information means "everything went fine", when you get a red alert it's "checkout impossible".
> 
> Prefix at least "Cannot check out. The patron has a debt of 10.0"
> 
> And again Koha let to checkout the first item without await for
> confirmation, i.e., the expected behavior is: 1) enter the barcodes 2) show
> table with checkboxes in titles, no checkout yet at this point, but program
> checkout the first item in the table 3) Confirm checkout 4) The table with
> all items checked out is presented.

This is not as trivial as it seems :)
Comment 4 Héctor Eduardo Castro Avalos 2016-03-03 14:59:55 UTC
(In reply to Jonathan Druart from comment #3)

Hi Jonathan

> > And again Koha let to checkout the first item without await for
> > confirmation, i.e., the expected behavior is: 1) enter the barcodes 2) show
> > table with checkboxes in titles, no checkout yet at this point, but program
> > checkout the first item in the table 3) Confirm checkout 4) The table with
> > all items checked out is presented.

Sometimes librarians make mistakes and enter an incorrect patron, if she or he realizes that has made a mistake, she/he can change the patron at this point without check out any item in the list.

> This is not as trivial as it seems :)

Yes, it could be.


Regards