Ok, I hope it's not me, but in case it isn't, this is a bad bug:
- Create or change your staff user to have all available permissions BUT superlibrarian
- Log out
- Log into staff - it works. Log out.
- Log into OPAC - it won't work. Not good at all.
This is bad for at least 2 reasons:
- Often staff accounts are used like normal patron accounts by staff.
- Because of permissions, sometimes the OPAC is the only place a staff user can change their password.
Tested on master after a reset_all.
Caused by bug 15492
It's not a bug actually, but we need to do something to avoid this configuration issue: the new permissions self_check must not be set for normal users, we may need to add a warning on the permission page.
Ok, I think adding a note to Self check modules permission could help here for now. At least then, staring on permissions will give you a hint :)
Maybe: Set only for self-check users, prevents OPAC login.
There is a note already:
" self_checkin_module Log into the self check-in module. Note: this permission prevents the patron from using any other OPAC functionality "
You are right, I missed it because i was looking at the top level permission with the others collapsed.
Maybe we should add a warning/message on the patron's defail page?
(In reply to Jonathan Druart from comment #6)
> Maybe we should add a warning/message on the patron's defail page?
I agree. We could add something noticeable that tells the patron situation. I'm not sure where to put it. Adding Owen to the conversation. Sorry Owen!