We can eliminate use of the sprite image for icons and use Font Awesome instead. This will be simpler and more customization-friendly.
I still need to write up a proper test plan and commit message, but if anyone is interested in looking: https://gitlab.com/koha-dev/koha-dev/commits/ip-opac-fa-icons
The remote branch has been updated with more fixes and a complete test plan. I've also posted patches for download (they're too large to attach here):
Bug 23903: Replace OPAC icons with Font Awesome
This patch replaces CSS-based background image icons with Font Awesome
icons. This will eliminate the use of sprite.png altogether.
To test, apply the patch and regenerate the OPAC CSS
visual confirmation of the changes.
Enable OPAC features to expose them for testing: Login, Holds, Article
requests, Tags, Cart, Search term highlighting.
- Perform a search in the OPAC
- In the header at the top of the search results, check the
- Select some search results and verify that the multi-item controls
are enabled: Add to cart/Lists; Place hold; Tag. Check that these
controls work correctly.
- Verify that the following links look correct and work correctly:
'Place hold,' 'Request article,' 'Log in to add tags,' 'Add to
- Log in to the OPAC and return to the search results page. Check the
'Add tag' and 'Save to lists' links.
- View the lists page
- Test the 'Edit' and 'Delete' controls.
- View the contents of a list. Test the following:
- Controls at the top of the table of results ('New list,'
'Download list,' 'Send list,' 'Print list,' 'Edit list,' and
- Multi-selection operations: 'Place hold,' 'Tag,' and 'Remove
- Controls for each item on the list: 'Place hold,' 'Add tag,'
'Save to another list,' 'Remove from this list,' and 'Add to
- View the bibliographic detail page for any search result
- In the right-hand sidebar menu, verify that these controls look
correct and work correctly: 'Place hold,' 'Print,' 'Request
article,' 'Save to your lists,' 'Add to your cart,'
'Unhighlight,' 'Send to device,' 'Save record,' and 'More
- Test the shelf browser by clicking 'Browse shelf' under the call
number for any of the holdings.
- Test the 'Next' and 'Previous' controls.
- Check the tabs for switching between 'Normal,' 'MARC,' and 'ISBD'
views and verify that they look correct on each of those pages.
- Add some items to the Cart and open the Cart
- Test the cart controls at the top: 'More details/Brief display,'
'Send,' 'Download,' 'Empty and close,' 'Hide window,' 'Print.'
- Test the multiple-selection controls: 'Remove,' 'Add to list,'
'Place hold,' and 'Tag.'
- Log in to the OPAC as a user who has items checked out which can be
renewed. On the 'Your summary' page, on the 'Checked out' tab, test
the 'Renew selected' and 'Renew all' links.
I went through your plan, all of the icons were looking so lovely and modern.
All the yes to this patch, didn't spot anything amiss.
You may have my sign off!
This is a great change.. passing QA and pushing.
Pushed to master for 19.11.00
Created attachment 94998 [details] [review]
Bug 23903: fix selenium tests