When printing slips for account actions and using the TanslatedNotices feature, there is no fallback to "default", when there is not notice template for the user's preferred language. See bug 28487 for a similar instance of this.
- Create a manual fee of any kind
- Pay it
- Click on "print" and confirm the slip comes up with content
- Turn on TranslateNotices system preference
- Repeat "print" action - the slip should still print
- Edit your patron and set a language other than "default"
- Repeat print, the page now comes up empty
I think this is quite hard to understand track down for users to figure out, so while there is a workaround (setting the notices) we should really fix it.
Hm, also noticing a behaviour change here:
When the notices were hardcoded, you could switch the language notice by switching the GUI language. Not it depends on the settings in the patron record.
This means it's no longer possible to print i.e. an English/German slip on request.
I wonder how others see this and if we should file a separate enhancement request to allow choosing the slip language to print?
Did you report it for master? Should have been fixed by bug 26734.
Should have added we are seeing this in latest 20.11. I believe it's also in 21.05.
Bug 26734 doesn't qualify for backporting (changes to notices), so we might want an easy temp fix here.