The 'old' calendar widget does no longer translate in 20.11. We have just updated to the latest version 20.11.16.
* Run 20.11.x
* Install translatons, de-DE should be complete
* Activate language for staff interface in system preferences
* Go to patrons and open any patron account
* Look at the date widgets for date of birth, expiration date
* Verify day names and buttons remained English, while rest of page has been translated.
Strings are from de-DE-messages-js.po, but I could verify that the translation of the .js messages works fine in other places.
* Add something to your cart in staff
* Add something to your cart in staff _again_
* Verify pop-up message is translated
In 20.11.18 I still have the problem, in our package based installations, but also on my kohadevbox.
Any clues much appreciated.
Tested with de-DE and the date of birth in put on the patron form.
Trying to narrow this down a bit. Git bisect turned up this as the breaking commit:
Author: Owen Leonard <email@example.com>
Date: Thu Aug 20 20:10:40 2020 +0000
Confirmed it's broken in 20.05.05 which the patch was first included to.
I think the root of the problem is that locale data isn't being loaded by the template because the "lang" variable is getting overwritten at some point.
I think this is related to:
Bug 29684 - Warning File not found: js/locale_data.js
Without the correct "lang" template variable the link to the correct locale_date file is bad:
Further narrowed it down: the calendar is only broken on the patron member form, which we hadn't noticed before. This makes bug 29684 a good candidate, but it's not a one line fix.
Maybe this is WONTFIX?