Bug 4420 - umlauts or diacritics in subject of notices are deleted
Summary: umlauts or diacritics in subject of notices are deleted
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Koha
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Notices (show other bugs)
Version: master
Hardware: PC All
: P5 - low normal (vote)
Assignee: Bugs List
QA Contact: Bugs List
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2010-04-28 09:26 UTC by Katrin Fischer
Modified: 2014-12-07 20:02 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Change sponsored?: ---
Patch complexity: ---
Documentation contact:
Documentation submission:
Text to go in the release notes:
Version(s) released in:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Chris Cormack 2010-05-21 01:26:58 UTC


---- Reported by katrin.fischer@bsz-bw.de 2010-04-28 09:26:04 ----

I ran in this problem on our installations with Koha 3.01.00.61 and3.01.00.127.

Umlauts or other diacritics in email subjects are deleted in the email you get.

Configuration in tools > notices > CHECKIN
subject: Rückgabequittung äöüéè&

Patron > Messages (after check in):
email	Rückgabequittung äöüéè&	sent	2010-04-28 11:15:02

subject.message_queue:
Rückgabequittung äöüéè&

Subject of email in outlook:
Rckgabequittung &

Umlauts and diacritics in email text are no problem and displayed correctly.



--- Bug imported by chris@bigballofwax.co.nz 2010-05-21 01:26 UTC  ---

This bug was previously known as _bug_ 4420 at http://bugs.koha.org/cgi-bin/bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=4420

Unknown operating system Windows 2000. Setting to default OS "All".
Actual time not defined. Setting to 0.0
Setting qa contact to the default for this product.
   This bug either had no qa contact or an invalid one.

Comment 1 wajasu 2012-09-19 05:19:00 UTC
bug 6130 might have addressed this, maybe even 8378  might have addressed it.

when I did bug 8378 for overdue_notices.pl  <fine>  syntax broken.  When I was in the code in Letters.pm, to NFC normalize the body or text, i notices my attachments still showed mojibake in the inline attachemnt being shown in my email client. I found that I needed charset='utf-8' in the header to let the email client know how to decode.  I also put charset='utf-8' for the filename attachments themselves with the future possibility that they contain utf8 chars.

So just making a note of this here so if someone tests notices that have such chars in the Subject header, 8378 might have addressed it.

Next someone is testing notices with email, try putting diacritics in the Message subject:
and see if its ok.
Comment 2 Katrin Fischer 2014-03-16 12:36:42 UTC
Subjects with diacritics print correctly in my tests on current master.