Bug 6205 - doc-head-open.inc not found.
Summary: doc-head-open.inc not found.
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Koha
Classification: Unclassified
Component: I18N/L10N (show other bugs)
Version: 3.6
Hardware: PC Linux
: PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE) critical (vote)
Target Milestone: Oldversions
Assignee: Frédéric Demians
QA Contact: Bugs List
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
: 6270 (view as bug list)
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2011-04-19 04:30 UTC by Rudy Hinojosa
Modified: 2018-12-16 19:34 UTC (History)
6 users (show)

See Also:
Change sponsored?: ---
Patch complexity: ---
Bot Control: ---
When did the bot last check this:
Who signed the patch off:
Text to go in the release notes:


Attachments
Bug 6205 - if an include doesn't exist, fall back to en (1.20 KB, patch)
2011-09-22 03:36 UTC, Robin Sheat
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
Signed-off patch (1.83 KB, patch)
2011-09-24 21:12 UTC, Frédéric Demians
Details | Diff | Splinter Review

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Rudy Hinojosa 2011-04-19 04:30:26 UTC
Software error:

Template process failed: file error - doc-head-open.inc: not found at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Templates.pm line 119.

I'm running the latest from the git repository as of 4-18-2011.  On Ubuntu 10.10 Server.
Comment 1 Chris Cormack 2011-04-19 04:36:28 UTC
This is when running the upgrade? 

I upgraded fine this morning, are you running the installer in french?
Comment 2 Chris Cormack 2011-04-19 10:09:45 UTC
Thanks for the report, fixed now, please test and mark the bug resolved
Comment 3 Rudy Hinojosa 2011-04-19 14:09:41 UTC
You guys are awesome!  This was my first experience reporting a bug and was amazed at your response time and how the bug number appeared on my screen when i did the git pull command... Super work guys. thanks.
Comment 4 Samuel 2011-04-27 11:58:40 UTC
I have the bug
My running OS is debian 6.0.1
running on virtual box
koha 3.2

Software error:

Template process failed: file error - doc-head-open.inc: not found at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Templates.pm line 119.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@debmaker32), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
Comment 5 Chris Cormack 2011-04-27 20:52:02 UTC
What version are you trying to upgrade to? 

And what language are you running in?

C4/Templates.pm does not in exist in version 3.2 so I am guessing you are trying to upgrade to 3.4.0? 

I can not recreate the bug here, so I need more information
Comment 6 Chris Cormack 2011-04-27 20:52:49 UTC
*** Bug 6270 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 7 Robin Sheat 2011-05-19 08:22:06 UTC
This can be a sign that the database is set to use a language that isn't installed.
Comment 8 Robin Sheat 2011-08-15 23:57:17 UTC
This is still an issue, I just managed to reproduce it by accident.
Comment 9 Robin Sheat 2011-08-16 06:03:22 UTC
The problem I'm seeing is that if the KohaOpacLanguage cookie is set, the system (including the staff client) will attempt to use it, even if that language doesn't actually exist in the system. This causes things to explode.
Comment 10 Tom Hanstra 2011-09-07 16:50:14 UTC
I ran into this error when installing 3.4.4.  I only ran into it on the OPAC, however.  The Staff client works but the OPAC does not. 

The error does get logged:

[Wed Sep 07 12:27:57 2011] [error] [client 10.41.63.254] [Wed Sep  7 12:27:57 2011] opac-main.pl: Template process failed: file error - doc-head-open.inc: not found at /shared/kohapprd/soft/lib/C4/Templates.pm line 119.

This is (or should be) all in English.
Comment 11 Robin Sheat 2011-09-22 03:36:27 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 12 Robin Sheat 2011-09-22 03:38:00 UTC
This patch should address another set of issues that can cause this.
Comment 13 Katrin Fischer 2011-09-24 18:09:34 UTC
Now that I try to, I can't reproduce this.
I checked my cookie and my db say de-DE, but deleted the templates.
I am shown the English templates for OPAC and staff.
Comment 14 Frédéric Demians 2011-09-24 21:12:58 UTC
Created attachment 5576 [details] [review]
Signed-off patch

I confirm the bug and the solution. This issue occurs when templates are
partially translated. The main template (.tt) is found for a specific
language, so this language is returned by themetemplate. But in the main
template, some include files (subtemplates) are referenced that can very
well not exist if the translation process had failed to generate them.
This kind of failure is reported by 'translate' script. It's very easy
to miss it, but it's the translator responsibility to check it.
Comment 15 Robin Sheat 2011-09-25 00:52:55 UTC
We also have some custom templates where we just "translate" one or two files (to make upgrades easier) and this allows the includes to not have to be copied across, they'll fall back to the default.
Comment 16 Chris Cormack 2011-09-25 08:23:31 UTC
Working in production, no harm patch, pushed
Comment 17 Jared Camins-Esakov 2012-05-23 12:01:27 UTC
Included in 3.6 prior to 3.6.5.