Library A transferred a book to Library B, but accidentally sent it to Library C
What happens when Library C checks in the item? They get a reminder that there is a HOLD and to send the item to Library B. That’s good. (Return 1)
However, if Library C returns that item a second time the transfer Goes Away. (Return 2)
Also, if Library C goofs up and sends the book to Library D, when they return it, the transfer Goes Away (essentially the 2nd return that isn't the receiving branch).
Created attachment 7338 [details]
Screenshot of affected item
Here is another variation on the theme of this bug under 3.2.x:
1. Checkout an item whose homebranch is branch A under branch B.
2. Return the item at branch A.
3. The item status will now show in transit from branch B, while the current location will show branch A.
4. Circulation > Transfers will report "Item is already at destination library."
1. Checkout the same item a second time under branch B.
2. Checkin under branch A.
3. The item status will now be cleared, and the item no longer listed under transfers.
Updating branch to rel_3_6 as this does not appear to exist in master.
Also updating the priority and importance as if this goes on unnoticed it creates a load of work to get straightened out.
Fixed sometime in 3.8.