Bug 6838 - Filtering and pagination in subscriptions table
Summary: Filtering and pagination in subscriptions table
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Koha
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Serials (show other bugs)
Version: master
Hardware: All All
: P3 enhancement (vote)
Assignee: Julian Maurice
QA Contact: Bugs List
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on: 6836
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-09-02 13:03 UTC by Julian Maurice
Modified: 2012-10-25 23:10 UTC (History)
6 users (show)

See Also:
Change sponsored?: ---
Patch complexity: ---
Who signed the patch off:
Text to go in the release notes:
Version(s) released in:


Attachments
Patch (3.60 KB, patch)
2011-09-02 14:51 UTC, Julian Maurice
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
buggy (62.51 KB, image/png)
2011-09-07 15:57 UTC, Nicole C. Engard
Details
Signed-off patch adding DataTable to serial-home.pl page (3.84 KB, patch)
2011-11-30 14:00 UTC, Frédéric Demians
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
New patch (3.43 KB, patch)
2011-12-02 10:01 UTC, Julian Maurice
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
Bug 6838: Add pagination and filtering on subscriptions table (3.67 KB, patch)
2012-01-28 15:16 UTC, Jared Camins-Esakov
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
Bug 6838: Add pagination and filtering on subscriptions table (3.46 KB, patch)
2012-02-03 13:13 UTC, Julian Maurice
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
[SIGNED-OFF] Bug 6838: Add pagination and filtering on subscriptions table (3.56 KB, patch)
2012-02-07 19:29 UTC, Owen Leonard
Details | Diff | Splinter Review

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Julian Maurice 2011-09-02 13:03:21 UTC
Will submit a patch that uses jQuery DataTables plugin to add pagination and filtering on subscriptions table (serials-home.pl)
It will be a kind of 'how to use datatables' patch.
Comment 1 Julian Maurice 2011-09-02 14:51:28 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 2 Nicole C. Engard 2011-09-07 15:57:20 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 3 Julian Maurice 2011-09-16 07:16:19 UTC
Did you pick up the last patch on bug 6836? This patch introduces a minor change that modify a javascript function name. I think this is why you experienced some bugs.
I just tried to apply both patches on master, and it works for me (Firefox 6).
Comment 4 Nicole C. Engard 2011-09-27 16:28:09 UTC
I missed the dependency note above.
Comment 5 Julian Maurice 2011-10-07 07:33:09 UTC
My fault, I thought I had said it in 1st comment...
Comment 6 Ian Walls 2011-11-06 11:04:53 UTC
With the bug for 6836 applied, this works.  I'm finding the whole table to be wider, and with a smaller font size, so we may need to adjust the CSS.  I'd also like the ISSN column narrower, since ISSN is 9 char long and doesn't require any more than that.  Also, condensing the last three columns to one ("Actions") with each action either on their own line, or separated by space, may help narrow the table.

All in all, successful, at least on Mac + FF7.  Other systems need testing, as well.
Comment 7 Ian Walls 2011-11-06 11:06:07 UTC
Comment on attachment 5342 [details]
buggy

Obsoleting screenshot, since this issue goes away when 6836 is applied
Comment 8 Frédéric Demians 2011-11-30 14:00:43 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 9 Julian Maurice 2011-12-02 10:01:48 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 10 Nicole C. Engard 2012-01-06 14:03:33 UTC
Applies fine, but after it's applied I get :


Software error:

Template process failed: file error - datatables-strings.inc: not found at /home/nengard/kohaclone/C4/Templates.pm line 125.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@debian), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.



on the serials_home
Comment 11 Julian Maurice 2012-01-12 10:37:08 UTC
I think you need to retrieve the last version of datatables patches that add this missing file.
See bug 6836.
Comment 12 Nicole C. Engard 2012-01-12 17:27:39 UTC
I missed that depends on note - sorry about that.  So I can't test this without 6836

Nicole
Comment 13 Jared Camins-Esakov 2012-01-28 15:16:35 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 14 Jared Camins-Esakov 2012-01-28 15:17:48 UTC
Nice work, Julian! This looks *GREAT*!
Comment 15 Paul Poulain 2012-02-01 21:30:04 UTC
QA comment

There is a small difference between readingrec (that is using Table sorter) and serials filter : the previous/next button have the text AND the button on this patch, there is only the button on readingrec.
There is a 1 between pagination button on this patch, nothing on readingrec

For consistency reason, please do on this patch as on readingrec.

QA comment #2:
I think the following code :
        if ( $previousbiblio eq $line->{biblionumber} ) {
            # Disabled for sorting and filtering on issn and title
            # to work on serials-home.pl
            #$line->{title} = "";
            #$line->{issn}  = "";
        } else {
            $previousbiblio = $line->{biblionumber};
            $odd           = -$odd;
        }
        $line->{toggle} = 1 if $odd == 1;
is useless. i've removed it, without seing any difference. Could you check ? if i'm right, the "my $previousbiblio='' and my $odd=1 " a few lines before are useless too
Comment 16 Julian Maurice 2012-02-03 13:13:55 UTC Comment hidden (obsolete)
Comment 17 Owen Leonard 2012-02-07 19:29:54 UTC
Created attachment 7492 [details] [review]
[SIGNED-OFF] Bug 6838: Add pagination and filtering on subscriptions table

Use dataTables plugin

Signed-off-by: Jared Camins-Esakov <jcamins@cpbibliography.com>
Signed-off-by: Owen Leonard <oleonard@myacpl.org>
Comment 18 Paul Poulain 2012-02-13 16:55:07 UTC
QA comment:
 this time, no comment, passed QA, graphical consistency OK & dead code removed. template change only (except for the dead code remove)
Comment 19 Julian Maurice 2012-02-22 16:27:24 UTC
Ok in master, marked as resolved