Work to be done:
* Create circ/transfer-slip.pl and circ/transfer-slip.tt similar to hold-transfer-slip
* circ/returns.tt: add "Yes and Print Slip" button that will call Dopop('transfer-slip.pl')
* Remove inputloop and ri-* variables code from circ/returns, it is not used and is confusing
How to test:
* When returning an item without holds rhat needs to be transferred to home branch "Yes and Print Slip" button should show
* Click athe button and print slip. Meaningful To and From branch, as well as item info should print
Created attachment 7329 [details] [review]
Did not remove ri-*, that seems to be used to display all checked in items when checking in one item after another
srdjan - how does this relate to 7001? (if at all)
observation - the Circulation -> transfer functionality could use this slip too, is that considered too much of a scope creep?
I got the patch applied just fine, but I don't seem to get the changes when I check in a book that needs to go home - it looks the same as it always does?
* how does this relate to 7001?
It does not, this is an ad hoc slip. Of course, it could be turned into a templated TRANSF (or some other code) slip once 7001 is done
* Circulation -> transfer functionality could use this slip too
* I don't seem to get the changes
Can it be for some sysprefs reason? In general, if "Yes" transfer button is on the screen, "Yes and Print Slip" must be there too
Attempted to test this patch. Path applies cleanly, but the "Yes and Print Slip" button never appears. What situation should cause this button to appear?
I've tried to situations:
1) Check out item to patron at LibraryA, return at LibraryB, this results in the message "Please Return <Item Title> to LibraryA".
2) Item that has a holding and home branch of LibraryA, but not checked out to a borrower, is checked in to LibraryB, results in the same message as situation 1.
1. When I do this scenario I get "This item needs to be transferred to <missing branch name, a bug>. Transfer Now?" and "Yes and Print Slip" button. I think it has something to do with your userenv library, but I cannot pinpoint what exactly. Can you please try maybe with two computers (or different browsers, explorer, firefox, chrome, opera) and log in as different users with different home branches.
2. When I do that, I get "Print slip, Transfer, and Confirm", which was already there (not part of this bug). This could be happening because your library is the holding destination ( similar userenv issue)
The button only appears if AutomaticItemReturn is turned off, I don't see a reason for only being able to print the slip if AutomaticItemReturn is disabled.
Other than that, it works just fine.
Created attachment 7775 [details] [review]
bug_7467: Printing Transfer Slips for transfers that do not have holds
Signed-off-by: Kyle M Hall <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Created attachment 7776 [details] [review]
bug_7467: Printing Transfer Slips for transfers that do not have holds - Addendum: Use for automatic transfers as well.
* passes test
* only a few lines on existing code
* new scripts/template properly written
* i've added a link to bug 7001 not to forget to introduce the slips in notifications
There have been no further reports of problems so I am marking this bug resolved.