To solve the problem of indexing Koha in background, bug 5166,
we can insert Frédéric Demians instruction into documentation,
with a link to the wiki.
The instructions of Frédéric Demians:
I have an alternative implementation of a patch for this bug. I've
packaged it as a CPAN module for easy testing. It contains two scripts:
one for punctual indexing, and one for queued records indexing.
What is specific to this implementation:
- No use of POE, but AnyEvent:
- Moose OO classes
- Export records for Zebra only in XML
- No records content modification (leader, authority id, unimarc 100
tag). As it is, it works with a lot of UNIMARC/MARC21 Koha instances
loaded with various records types.
How to test it:
- Install the module:
sudo cpan Koha::Contrib::Tamil
- You have two scripts installed:
- You can access their respective man pages:
- To reindex a whole DB, standard env variable being set:
koha-index --source authority --verbose
- To start the indexing daemon, with indexing occurring every minute:
- To start the same daemon, with indexing occuring every 30 seconds:
koha-index-daemon --timeout 30
Created attachment 8363 [details] [review]
update of INSTALL files
Created attachment 9260 [details] [review]
Bug 7759, update of install files to use background indexing (and some whitespace tidy)
Signed-off-by: Mason James <mtj @ kohaaloha.com>
QA comment: Patch related to documentation only, passed QA
Patch pushed in 3.8.0, I forgot to change the status
There have been no further reports of problems so I am marking this bug resolved.