Currently, the series volume is shown in the intranet search results completely on its own without the series title.
It's also prefaced with a comma that currently creates 2 commas in a row and will provide double punctuation when series title is included (provided that people are including their punctuation when they catalogue as they should).
Created attachment 12180 [details] [review]
Bug 8765 - Add series title to intranet search results
I suppose this could be referred to as an enhancement, but it seems more like a bug to have the series volume but not the series title.
If we don't want to include the series title in the intranet search results (after all, it's not included in the opac search results), I would propose removing the series volume from the intranet search results, as it is essentially meaningless without the context of the series title.
Created attachment 12225 [details] [review]
[SIGNED-OFF] Bug 8765 - Add series title to intranet search results
Patch adds series title to intranet search results, so that the
series volume is no longer displayed on its own.
It also removes the comma that comes before the series volume as
this is unnecessary punctuation that creates duplicate punctuation
in search results.
Signed-off-by: Owen Leonard <email@example.com>
It's worth noting that this patch is for the "normal" display and enables the display of whatever series title has been put into biblio.seriestitle, and Koha to MARC mapping limits this to a one-to-one relationship. If you've chosen to map 440, you won't see 490.
The XSLT results page doesn't appear to have any series handling at all.
(In reply to comment #2)
> Created attachment 12225 [details] [review]
> [SIGNED-OFF] Bug 8765 - Add series title to intranet search results
> Signed-off-by: Owen Leonard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
patch looks good, passing QA…
testing 1 commit(s) (applied to commit 0acebb8)
* d2ac32b Bug 8765 - Add series title to intranet search results
* koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/catalogue/results.tt OK
Patch pushed to master. Note I replaced tab by 4 spaces before pushing. Please don't use tabs, use 4 spaces instead (see coding guidelines)
(In reply to comment #5)
> Patch pushed to master. Note I replaced tab by 4 spaces before pushing.
> Please don't use tabs, use 4 spaces instead (see coding guidelines)
Thanks for the reminder, Paul. I've started using another editor and I thought that I had it switched to spaces, but now I see the error. Future patches should be tab free :).
Pushed to 3.8.x, will be in 3.8.5