Bug 5579 - Remove items from biblioitems.marcxml
Summary: Remove items from biblioitems.marcxml
Status: CLOSED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Koha
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Architecture, internals, and plumbing (show other bugs)
Version: unspecified
Hardware: All All
: PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE) critical (vote)
Target Milestone: Oldversions
Assignee: Galen Charlton
QA Contact: Bugs List
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends on: 6362
Blocks: 2453 13475
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2011-01-05 22:42 UTC by dev_patches
Modified: 2018-12-16 19:35 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Change sponsored?: ---
Patch complexity: ---
Bot Control: ---
When did the bot last check this:
Who signed the patch off:
Text to go in the release notes:
Version(s) released in:


Attachments
bug 5579 : Fixes several exports to embed items (9.42 KB, patch)
2011-04-07 10:07 UTC, Matthias Meusburger
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
Fixes ISBD display (882 bytes, patch)
2011-04-07 14:09 UTC, Matthias Meusburger
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
Initials commits (38.09 KB, patch)
2011-04-07 15:18 UTC, claire.hernandez@biblibre.com
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
signed off patches set (49.24 KB, patch)
2011-04-08 08:57 UTC, claire.hernandez@biblibre.com
Details | Diff | Splinter Review
Signed off patch -- further prettying of this script (2.22 KB, patch)
2011-05-26 01:52 UTC, Liz Rea
Details | Diff | Splinter Review

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description dev_patches 2011-01-05 22:42:24 UTC

    
Comment 1 dev_patches 2011-01-05 22:44:41 UTC
branch is on git.koha-community.com koha-biblibre.git wip/remove_items
Comment 2 Chris Cormack 2011-02-09 01:43:55 UTC
Pushed to new/bug_5579

This needs a decent amount of testing, it does improve performance a lot but we need to make sure we don't lose any data
Comment 3 Galen Charlton 2011-04-03 02:31:42 UTC
Revised patch series submitted for inclusion in 3.4.  Patches can be pulled from the bug5579 branch of git://git.librarypolice.com/git/koha-galen.git.
Comment 4 Matthias Meusburger 2011-04-07 10:07:45 UTC
Created attachment 3780 [details] [review]
bug 5579 : Fixes several exports to embed items

This patche fixes exports pages from both OPAC and Intranet to embed items, as before.
Comment 5 Matthias Meusburger 2011-04-07 14:09:59 UTC
Created attachment 3797 [details] [review]
Fixes ISBD display

This (tiny) patch fixes ISBD display (ie: show items)
Comment 6 claire.hernandez@biblibre.com 2011-04-07 15:18:53 UTC
Created attachment 3812 [details] [review]
Initials commits

(hdl and galen) can be found in branches
Comment 7 claire.hernandez@biblibre.com 2011-04-08 08:57:36 UTC
Created attachment 3826 [details] [review]
signed off patches set

It seems good for me - maybe another person could sign off it too.
Comment 8 Chris Cormack 2011-04-19 18:28:09 UTC
It is pushed to new/enh/bug_5579

I would like another person to test that branch and report it is ok, so it can be merged.
Comment 9 Magnus Enger 2011-04-20 09:44:02 UTC
I think I found a problem here: 

* Test 1: 

While on the master branch i run:

bulkmarcimport.pl -b -file records.mrc -v -n 1000 -d

to get some records into Koha. I then do:

git checkout origin/new/enh/bug_5579
git checkout -b bug5579so

and then run:

remove_items_from_biblioitems.pl --run
rebuild-zebra.pl -b -r -v 

This seems to work fine, so far. 

* Test 2

While still on the same branch i created above, I run 

bulkmarcimport.pl -b -file records.mrc -v -n 1000 -d

again to mimic importing some more records in to Koha - this seems to work fine. But when i try to run:

rebuild-zebra.pl -b -r -v 

i get this error: 

exporting biblio
====================
1Can't call method "field" on an undefined value at /home/magnus/scripts/kohanor32/C4/Biblio.pm line 2656.
Comment 10 dev_patches 2011-04-20 10:19:29 UTC
nice catch. I bet it comes out of the BatchAdd Item call in the bulkmarcimport.
which has not been upgraded.
Comment 11 Magnus Enger 2011-04-20 10:29:12 UTC
I removed the records I imported in test 2 above and tried to

1. add a record through normal cataloguing
2. add a record through the web UI (stage for import)

and none of these had the same problem when running rebuild_zebra.pl. Guess that strengthens the suspicion about bulkmarcimport.pl being the culprit.
Comment 12 Chris Cormack 2011-04-20 22:08:10 UTC
Patches pushed to new/enh/bug_5579

This has been tested by Liz at NEKLS too, im doing some final testing, and then I will merge to master
Comment 13 Chris Cormack 2011-04-21 01:44:40 UTC
Pushed to master, please test
Comment 14 Liz Rea 2011-05-26 01:52:39 UTC
Created attachment 4264 [details] [review]
Signed off patch -- further prettying of this script
Comment 15 Ian Walls 2011-05-26 14:05:20 UTC
Marking the 'further prettying' patch as Passed QA.
Comment 16 Chris Cormack 2011-05-27 08:30:29 UTC
Pushed, please test