This interface would allow editing individual rules for each branch/category/itemtype, and be reorganized to clearly show the specificity order of default rules.
(See http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Circulation_Rules_Interface_and_Backend_Revamp_RFC#Frontend for more information and a rough mockup.)
Created attachment 68231 [details] [review]
Bug 15522: Add API for circulation rules
1) Run t/db_dependent/api/v1/circ_rules.t .
Created attachment 68232 [details] [review]
Bug 15522: Add JS build pipeline
This is not directly testable, but can be either used through the
$ make js-build
(This will automatically install all dependencies.)
Or by manually installing yarn:
$ sudo apt install nodejs npm
$ sudo npm install -g yarn
$ yarn install
$ yarn build
(There is also `make js-watch` and `yarn watch`, which automatically
recompile when files are changed.)
Created attachment 68233 [details] [review]
Bug 15522: Add production JS build mode
To use, run yarn build (or make js-build) with PRODUCTION=1.
Created attachment 68234 [details] [review]
Bug 15522: New interface for updated circulation rules
1) Make sure all dependencies are applied, and that their DB upgrades
have been applied.
2) Build JS (see previous patches for HOWTO).
3) Load .../cgi-bin/koha/admin/policy.pl .
4) Try changing an existing rule (one with a textbox or dropdown). Hit
"Save rules", ensure that your changes are saved.
5) Until changes are saved, all cells that are changed or affected by
your changes should be highlighted in yellow.
6) Same as above, but deleting a rule by hitting the "x" next to it.
7) Add rows and columns using the "Choose rule..." and "Choose
category/item type..." dropdowns.
8) Add rules by clicking the pencil in a currently unset rule cell.
Ensure changes are saved.
9) Hit "Cleanup rules"; all redundant rules should be removed. As this
only removes rules that are the same as the defaults, this should
not change any effective rules.
10) Use the filters at the top right ("Circulation", "Holds" and
"Fines") to filter the kinds of rules that are shown.
11) Ensure that any desired library can be shown, including (if
selected) all at the same time.
Created attachment 68235 [details] [review]
Bug 15522: Remove old circulation rules interface
Signed off based on video that Jesse put together for me.
(In reply to George Williams (NEKLS) from comment #6)
> Signed off based on video that Jesse put together for me.
Well, none of the dependencies apply cleanly, where are the patches ? :)